Is this Donation Tax Deductible?
Memphis Allies donations qualify as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt donation, and is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Ethical standards and principles are the foundation for maintaining public trust. To ensure this, a group of concerned fundraising organizations has created the Donor Bill of Rights. Memphis Allies has endorsed this policy.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed of whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Additional Privacy Information
Memphis Allies is concerned about the protection of the privacy of its web site visitors and donors. We respect your privacy and your choice not to have your personal information shared with other people. Your use of our web site indicates your acceptance of this policy.
Web Site Information
Memphis Allies only collects personal contact information (such as names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers) when users submit it voluntarily. To make our web site more useful to you, our server automatically collects information when you visit our site, such as, but not limited to, your IP address, date and time of your visit, pages viewed and clickstreams. We will not collect or track information that may identify you personally.
We will not sell or exchange your mailing or e-mail addresses.
For More Information